Tea Guardian's FAQ for tea
very fine hexagon Yixing teapot
Tea Guardian forum
Tea Guardian's forum
infused leaf of xingrenxiang, a Phoenix oolong
Tea Business Directory
Tea Guardian's directory for tea businesses, schools, exhibitions, websites, producers, etc…
Colorful cups
Tea Commentaries and Reference Guide
Tea Guardian
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tea Polyphenols Special Feature Title
 

Tea Polyphenols Special Feature

Tea is a gentle yet potent health potion incarnated as a fine tasting, unassuming daily drink. Scientists concluded that 37% of the daily flavonoids need in the European diet is supplied by dairy products, onions, fruits and wines, while the remaining 63% is taken care of by tea. It would be difficult for a layman to comprehend the importance of that occasional cup of oolong, jasmine or Darjeeling could be so important to his health.
<Link: Tea Polyphenols>

<Link: Tea Polyphenols: Are You Getting Enough?>

catechin

Flavonoids are health contributing biochemicals found mostly in plants. They are the majority group of polyphenols found naturally in the growing tea leaves. The most known ones are tea catechins such as EGCG.
<Link: Tea Polyphenols in Green and Black Teas>

However, not all teas are created equal. Not all flavonoids are the same. This special Tea Guardian feature on tea polyphenols presents an all round introduction for the reader to make better judgement next time he shops for grocers. And for those who don't normally drink tea to think twice the next time they need a drink.
<Link: Tea Polyphenols: Tastes and Tea Choices>

freshly plucked tealeaves

The health effect of tea polyphenols is a large subject which the science community is continually studying. We do not attempt to cover all of its aspect in one go. As with various other topics in this site, it is also added on from time to time; please register for our monthly updates if you are interested.


green tea: Mengding Ganlu white tea: Bai Mudan oolong: Phoenix Bouquet Style
black tea: Jiuqu Hongmei Pu'er: Imperial 1997 Scented tea: Jasmine Pearls
Tired of the old teabag? Maybe it is time for a real change, now that you'll know something most tea merchants won't disclose. Tea Guardian founder Leo Kwan recommends two of his favourites — the green tea Mengding Ganlu and the oolong bouquet style Phoenix (Fenghuang Dancong). Tea Guardian is not a commercial site, so we dare to tell you what we really think about a variety of tea.

Here are some more suggested readings:
old lady playing tai chi
 
Living longer and healthier with Green tea
"Green tea consumption is associated with reduced mortality from all causes," concluded Dr Etsuji Suzuki, who led a 6-years-study following the tea habit and mortality of over 12,000 elderly men and women in Shizuoka (more…)

What really is a Green Tea?
The general grassy taste characters of mass market products is a misrepresentation of the category. A fine green tea tastes very differently and there are over hundreds of varieties to choose from…

different tea, different infusion colours

Are You Making the Best of Your Tea?
To make tea simply does not mean pouring boiling water into a pot with some tealeaves or teabags. Let's look at what the concept ”Infusion” can bring about in the real enjoyment of tea…

wok roasted green tea: Mengding Ganlu
 
Bookmark and Share

Site map | Terms of use | Advertising | Tea Business Directory | "Dialogues" | FAQ | Contact

Copyrights © 2010~2014 Leo Kwan for TeaGuardian.com. All text, photos, designs, drawings, voice and video recordings in this site, unless otherwise stated, are created by Leo Kwan, who holds all related intellectual property rights. For citation, quotation or other usage please refer to the Terms of Use page.